Wednesday, October 17, 2007

If I Were An Animal, I'd Be a Lamerhead Shark

God, I love being tagged! It makes me feel like the non-fat kid in P.E. Like I've been picked first to be on the all star badminton team.

In this case, The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch (who was first tagged by Chris) has in turn tagged me to share 5 things about myself do, did or like that some may consider “totally lame,” but that I am totally proud of.

1.)
I smacked down a guy at oral argument in my first year of law school. As part of my legal writing class we had to deliver an oral argument of our appellate brief. The guy I was going up against was pretty poised and also doing much, much better in school than I was. I figured he would take me out with ninja-like ease. But ah...overconfidence. He had no idea what to do and hadn't prepared at all; I somehow made a great argument or at least managed to get my points across. The judges let it be known that I conquered. Guess grades aren't everything.


2.) I love sci-fi. There I said it. Star Trek, Star Wars, geek geek geek, nerd nerd nerd.


3.) I am the kitchen nazi. Or so my roommates tell me. I like to cook, and I pretty much cook for the three of us every night (unless like two weeks ago I've had toe surgery and my foot is numb) and I am totally in command of the whole enterprise. I am the alpha chef and perhaps a tad of a control freak. So much so in fact that my friends independently told me about this New York Times article about alpha chefs and how two of them can't marry. I hardly think that is my biggest problem. But I think it's cool because I taught myself to cook and am pretty good at it if I do say so.


4.) I love to read in the bathtub. I think I saw it once on a commercial as a kid or something, but every since I was little I've always loved running a super hot bath, and grabbing a good book. Recent additions have included a glass of wine or other adult beverage.


5.) I performed a monologue in the Vagina Monologues. My friend was producing this particular performance to benefit a battered women's shelter. I promised to help out behind the scenes - she insisted that I perform. I am not the performing type and am far more comfortable behind the scenes, not to mention the last thing I ever wanted to do was talk about vaginas - mine or otherwise - publicly. But my friend finally convinced me to do the monologue and come performance night I was so nervous I needed two drinks before I went on. What makes it not lame? Pretty much all of my friends - and actually most of them were my guy friends - came to the performance in support and after I did my monologue I got a standing ovation. And the performance as a whole was one of the top grossing performances in the country. Pretty much one of the best moments ever.

Part of the being tagged deal is that I also have to tag 5 people of my own.

Tagged: Grant Miller, Idea of Progress, Pistols at Dawn, Nina Paley, Justin (Seven is Green)



Labels: , , ,