Friday, September 15, 2006

Sort of Like Lent, But With No Going Back

I have decided to give up my most beloved curse-word, "Fucktard" by the end of the month.

I have only relatively recently discovered this word, since starting lawschool in fact, and found that it so perfectly described my feelings about certain individuals
and their, well, fucktardery or perhaps, fucktardedness. And I admit that everytime I use the word in any form, I giggle. Especially when I think of this article, or really, just this picture.

It has been pointed out that this word, by incorporating "tard" is insensitive. And after some reflection, I find this assertion to be true, so in the interest of being a somewhat better human being, I have decided to give it up before it becomes completely ingrained in my vocabulary.

Think of me as the kinder, gentler, Laaw-yuhr. Laaw-yuhr 2.0, if you will.


Note for the record: I am refusing to give up Sorostitute, FAF, and fagnet. Hey, I just said I wanted to be a better person, not necessarily a goody goody.